IRINGA COMMITTEE REPORT
THE MEETING WAS HELD AT SAI VILLA.
ON 10TH DECEMBER 2011.
MEETING STARTED AT 11:21AM.
- MARIA BISWALO (ADVISOR)
- RAMLAH MUNISI (MEMBER AND HEAD MISTRESS MIYOMBONI S.S )
- GASAYA RASHID (REPRESENTATIVE OF UMMU SALAMA HEAD MASTER)
- BENJAMINI KABUNGO (MEMBER AND HEAD MASTER OF LUGALO S.S)
- ROBERT SEME (CHAIRPERSON AND DIRECTOR OF SECONDARY EDUCATION IN IRINGA MUNICIPAL)
- JOSEPHAT IGNAS (MEMBER AND REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF THE SCHOOL FUND)
Introductions where made by The School Fund Regional Director.
Mr. Robert Seme opened the meeting.
The agenda continued as follows:
- How committee can convene twice a year.
- The first meeting will be held between February 17th 18th or 24th 25th 2012.
- The second meeting will be held the last week of July and it will be Friday evening.
The aim of the meetings during the above months is to evaluate if the TSF scholarship student recipients still fulfill the School Fund criteria, to go through reports of partner schools and make sure all funds sent for students’ scholarships have been received and spent as intended.
- To listen to the report from each partners school in the committee.
- Every partner’s school should present written report to the committee.
- We will have two kinds of report – a quarterly report and an annual report.
- Lugalo presented their report, which was good, but I suggested The School Fund will prepare report forms which be completed by the representative teachers from each partner school and presented at future meetings.
- To make sure the funds raised by The School Fund are being used appropriately.
- When The School Fund Iringa Committee convenes in February, we will go through all school fees for the appropriate year and I will write a cheque for the school, the cheque will be collected by headmaster or headmistress and the bursar will issue the receipt of each student as agreed by The School Fund management.
- To write a report with information of each student to The School Fund Board of Directors in United States.
- Every time we meet as TSF committee, any information discussed and gathered at the meeting and from our partner schools will be directly sent to The School Fund Board of Directors in United States.
- Approve and submit the letter to the Ministry of Education.
- The letter should be addressed to Permanent Secretary Ministry of Education instead of Mr Charles Philemon, this is because of normal transfer of government staffs.
- The letter should have to addresses, Ministry of Education Address and The School Fund address
- The letter should have Heading.
- The letter will be copied to Regional Administrative for secondary Education in Iringa and Municipal Director.
- Letter will be checked by Mr Robert Seme and signed by Regional Director of The School Fund.
- Review student records
- This will be done in every meeting to see if the student are still eligible for The School Fund scholarship, and this will be done officially in February 2012 as agreed upon by the committee.
The Iringa committee members are happy to work with The School Fund team at any time we are needed and also any comments or suggestions for the report or suggestions are welcome.
The School Fund